new 75 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ektorgt

Aquarium Advice Regular
i bought a 75 gal tank and a prizm deluxe protein skimmer...
i am planning to buy some sand from home depot and seed it with some live sand... i am also planning to buy some live rock and some base rock but i dont know how much to buy... i was also wondering if i am gonna need a filter like an aquaclear 500 or emperor 400.... any suggestions???
thanks for the help!

Sounds like a good plan. For rock, an ideal amount would be 120-150lbs total. Mixing LR and BR is a good way to save money. With a good skimmer and plenty of LR a HOB filter is really not needed. They do provide you with some extra flow and a means of chemical and mechanical filtration however.
Welcome to AquariumAdvice.com!!! :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros:

thanks

thanks for your advice lando...
soo can i just get like 50-50 on live rock and base rock... like 60 lbs of base rock and 60 more of live rock??
or or 80 and 40??.... i have no ideaaa
and thanks againnn...

remember that the less amount of live rock you have, the fewer fish you should have until the base rock becomes live...this can take several months. So if you are wanting a good bit of fish right away and are not willing to wait, you need to get more rock that is live.

A 50/50 mix is fine. Just get as much LR as your wallet will allow and make up the rest with BR.

Back
Top Bottom