New addition!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jermz79

Aquarium Advice Addict
I love this little guy, so cool how he just perches around and chills. My Perc. or Gramma haven't messed with him at all, I think they know who's boss!

I also have a cleaner shrimp and after the Hawk went in, he actually let the cleaner shrimp catch him for a little light cleaning! I was amazed!!!

Here's a pic. of him relaxing in the Leather!

Attachments

• hawk1_211.jpg
    hawk1_211.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 37
Not that I have seen! I read some online about him first and they said that the longnose while it may eat small fish and inverts is not as likely as some of his bigger family members i.e. Flame or Red Spot.

Looks like he has taken up residence on that leather. This morning when I got up he was right next to it because it was closed, but all day yesterday he cruised the tank and then came right back to the leather!

Wow great fish and pic. I am interested in seeing how he does long term. I would like one of those guys.

So far he's doing great ... eating like a champ, cruising the tank and Finally a fish who can show that Gramma who's boss!
I've been so leary of buying any new fish because of that Gramma and I read that this fish will hold his own against aggresive fish! Needless to say I think they know that because they leave him alone.

Its strange how fish just have this built-in nature to head to a cleaner shrimp. A few of mine won't go near him, but all the larger ones just love him, and make daily trips (or more) for a wash and wax!

Back
Top Bottom