New Baby Tang for my Nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do not know much about saltwater or genetics so I may be wrong but captive fishrarely grow as large as wild fish and this is probably to not get eaten or decide a pecking order as in tiger barbs however I have a friend who had maybe 2 and a half inch goldfish in a little bowl that was healthy and lived 10 years another friend along time ago had a lone gold tetra that lived 5 years because he didn't know scooling survived ich and when he got more was a loner and it lived a long life so maybe it's fine if the baby stays for a while so he doesn't die and has a food supply wher triggers would probably snack it all up and none for him

That was difficult to make out, but I think I got it. Ten years is NOT long for a goldfish. That's like a human dying at 25. One can hardly call that a long life.
As for the rest... umm.
Eh, I'm going to bed. I can't think straight apparently. I think everyone agrees the tang will be fine for a little while, just probably not very long before it'll need to be moved.

I've never done Triggers, other than a Blue Throat (which are supposedly not as aggressive) and he was second to last, with all other fish his size or larger. I'd wonder what an appropriate size would be for adding the Tang down the road?

If you're looking to house them with blue throats, all but the smallest would be fine. Our local store got in a dozen hippo tangs not much bigger than my finger nail; I'd avoid that size.

Blue throats are (usually) less aggressive as you stated and are naturally planktonic feeders. As such while still powerful, they tend to have smaller mouths. If the tang is larger than the triggers mouth and your trigger isn't overly aggressive, I'd guess you would be safe.

Indeed. I don't think there's really much of a problem for the OP at all anymore. In fact, I don't know that there was one to begin with. Lol

Exactly
lol
But it was interesting seeing alot of yalls opinions
I absolutely agree that tangs should not spend much time in a nano tank
Mine is still small about an inch and a quarter
He is happy for now as far as i can tell and once i feel it is time he will be going to the 125 where he should be a happy fat tang :]

Back
Top Bottom