New Fish--Royal Gramma or Blackcap Basslet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rickh

Aquarium Advice Regular
I want a nice calm reef fish to keep my clown company. Dottybacks are too mean. Maybe a wrasse? What about a Royal Gramma or a Blackcap Basslet. Mainly I want a fish that is social and will not just hide all the time. Opinions?? Rick

I had a blue damsel with my clowns at one point in a different tank. They seemed fine together. It was always at the front of the tank swimming around. I'm only new though.

I don't think you can go wrong with either of those choices. A black cap is a little more "rare" in the tank vs the gramma.

True the blackcap is more 'rare', but it's also a little meaner and will cost double what a gramma costs. All preference.

I have only had the Royal Gramma and he was good fish.
Very cool but not a push over, could handle other fish if needed.
Likes to dig.

Will probably be my next fish after I catch my 3 stripe damsiel.

ReNNie said:
I had a blue damsel with my clowns at one point in a different tank. They seemed fine together. It was always at the front of the tank swimming around. I'm only new though.

I have this in my tank right now, and they are like best buddies. In my experience the damsel is pretty active. He has his little castle in my tank marked off as his territory pretty much, but he only goes in when hes scared or something, otherwise he is usually pacing back and forth in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom