New Fusion 20 Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Massimo

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Whats up, been a while since I've posted in here. Recently sold my 45 gallon shallow reef. I wanted something smaller. So I picked up a Innovative Marine Fusion 20. I like the setup and look of the tank.

This is going to be my build thread. Follow along if you'd like! :)

Alright, so far I purchased all the basics to get the tank up and running.

-Fusion 20 aquarium.
-Aqua Illuminations Prime LED with tank mount
-via aqua 100 watt heater
-Marco dry reef rock
-fiji pink dry sand
-IM filter sock upgrade

Day 1 water parameters
-Ammonia 0.25
-Nitrite 0
-Nitrate 0
-PH 8.0

Will be doing a fishless cycle. I put a few food pellets to start getting the ammonia up. I seeded the sand and dry rock with, I'm not sure the name, theyre very porous balls made of rock ? My lfs gave them to me to help with the cycle. You can see them in the pictures. Once cycled I'm going to put them in the chambers so they'll be out of sight. Apparently they're so porous that a rock the size of a softball is equivalent to 50 pounds of live rock.

Won't let me post pictures, how come?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

how are you trying to post the picture , is it from a hosting site or directly through this site

@54seaweed Through the site

ok if your taking them from your album copy the first pict code
than when you get back to this tread , on top of the box you type in you will see a envelope looking pict click that you will see a http// in the box that pops up delete that than paste your code in that box click ok an poof your pict should show

@54seaweed it says I'm passing my quota by 1.90 mb. I'm using the app for my Android btw

if thats what its doing your going to have to use photo bucket or another photo host
than you would copy and paste url like you would from your photo album

20150711_221503_zps7jll7oed.jpg.html

@54seaweed I don't think it's working. The picture is blank

Anyways, tested my water today and the ammonia still hasn't gone up. What's the best method to raise ammonia? I'm using pellet food and just letting it decompose. Should I use something else?

I'm not sure what livestock I'll be going with. Not many fish 3-4 fish maximum

I'd think frozen food or a cocktail shrimp is better as the dry foods are full of phosphates.

Just took a chunk of frozen mysis shrimp and put it in the tank. Hoping to see a spike in ammonia in the next few days

Alright so I still haven't gotten a spike in ammonia. I'm using API master test kit. Could it be that it's gone bad and not reading properly anymore?

In hopes of raising ammonia I put some small cocktail shrimp in the media basket that comes with the Fusion 20.

It sounds like you only pushed .25ppm ammonia through at nitrate. If you have 0 ammonia and 0 nitrite then obviously it's converted the original ammonia to nitrate. Your color change will be next to none.

It sounds like you only pushed .25ppm ammonia through at nitrate. If you have 0 ammonia and 0 nitrite then obviously it's converted the original ammonia to nitrate. Your color change will be next to none.

What do you suggest I do?

Back
Top Bottom