New Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roscoe

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently upgraded to 2 96 watt powerquads and am wondering if I am still limited to what I can keep.

As of now I have:
18 gal 18" tall 20" wide 10" deep
cascade 200 power filter
2 96 watt PowerQuad
old 200 watt heater
Maxi-Jet 900
5 lbs live rock
20lbs CaribSea African cichlid Sahara Sand

1 Blue Damsel

The tank is approximately 4 weeks old and I will soon be adding another 25 lbs of LR and a AquaC Remora protein skimmer. I plan on eventually removing the damsel and adding some corals (unknown) and a couple fish.

Since I am new to reef tanks is there anything you recommend I stay away from? Is there anything else I might need or any info that might eliminate future problems?

TIA.

Well. With that kind of light over the tank your gonna be good to go. I cant think of to many things you couldnt keep. Using the somewhat debated watts per gal rule your at 10+ watts per gal. I hope the 30lbs of rock dont end up taking all the space.

do the fish like the girl in the background too? looks like you could use a lot more live rock in that tank. you have the lighing to have all the corals but now you need a place to put them.

Would now be a good time for a clean up crew? Now I have got algae and small bubbles growing all over my LR. I do weekly 25% water changes using RO water and have read this is normal for new tanks. Would adding a clean up crew help? If so, what would you suggest for my 18 gal?

Back
Top Bottom