New member, new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dryad001

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I decided to pull the trigger on setting up a SW tank. I purchased a 55g locally along with a what seems to me a nice stand all from CL.

Heres what it all came with:

55 All glass aquarium
Black pine stand
BakPak 2R+
Coralife PN53406 Lunar Aqualight
Eheim 2013 filter
no heater (bought a hydor theo 200W)
45lbs LR

Not bad deal for less than $200 IMO, plus he helped me move it.

First and foremost forgive my ignorance with acronyms since I am still learning. I have been lurking on the site for quite a few months reading, reading and more reading along with buying a library full of books and magazines.

I will be getting rid of the canister filter for use on a different tanks setup in the future.

I plan on setting up a sump/refugium in the near future along with a dedicated circuit to a sub panel from my breaker box (already have the outlets ready to go)

Still need to get:
Powerheads
Return Pump
Protein skimmer (unless the bakpak fits in 3rd chamber of sump)
Live sand

Hopefully I have a pretty good idea but seemed like this was the best place to get feedback and some criticism.

img_1169583_0_968fc61f50edf11be5df4454d97d4a6a.jpg

The dogs new favorite spot.
And yes, thats a Packers necklace for when I go to Lambeau

Other hobbies:
Drag Racing (current car has made over 600hp); my build

Thanks for looking
Mike

Sounds like you are on the right track with the tank. I can't really suggest anything so far except your one big mistake.... that packers necklace....

Im trying to think of what overflow box to use. It seems the lifereef products seem to be very well built and it has the best reviews from all the companies, especially if theres a power outage.

Back
Top Bottom