New Pair of clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

harryggumb

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just purchased a pair of of ocellaris clowns. They were drip acclimated for about 2 hours. Salinity is 1.024. No Ammonia, nitrate or nitrite readings. The fish are just staying together and hanging out in the bottom corner of the tank. The lights in the tank are off. I was curious if this is normal as they might just be getting used to the new tank or should I be more concerned? They are the only fish in the tank right now.

Okay thanks hoping that it's nothing more serious. Will try to feed tomorrow hopefully they'll be a little more active around the tank

Mine do that every night, no worries. They swim all around and pal around with my 6 line during the days though. Be warned they do bite

Okay good that puts me at ease! They're definitely swimming around a lot more swimming through the jet streams and getting pushed throughout the tank!sometimes they even try to swim against it but obviously aren't getting anywhere. Wasn't sure if I had too much flow in my 75g (2 Aqueon 950s ... about 1900gph) but from what I read clown like to play in the jet streams

Oh yeah, mine love to try to swim in it. And never to much flow unless the sand bed is moving. I grabbed a set of power heads rated for 200g tank for 30 bucks and one of them does just fine and it's fine in there, I also have a 75g

Nice! Okay I was just worried because they were my first additions to the tank. I'll probably wait a week or 2 before adding some type of a clean up crew.

Back
Top Bottom