New Ro/Di only gave 40 gal.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gerridee

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I purchased a bulk reef system 5 stage filter and the color changed to orange after 40 gal. of pure water made, an the meter says its letting out 006 TDS already.is there something not set right??Help :eek:

Contact the company that made the product. Did you purge your RO unit? Are all the filters in correctly?

The membrane may not be properly functioning which is causing the DI resin to deal with greater TDS content which in turn accelerates resin exhaustion. (the RO membrane should be the work horse of the system, not the DI stage).

The RO membrane should be removing 95%+ (ideally 98-99%) of the TDS from the source water. Please post your faucet water TDS and RO TDS.

Did your RO/DI output ever register a 0ppm?

I usually change out the DI resin when RO/DI TDS increases to 3-5ppm (and that's after many months of 0ppm RO/DI output).

You may need to get some new DI resin (after you solve your potential RO membrane problem), if the RO/DI output is already at 6ppm..

The membrane may not be properly functioning which is causing the DI resin to deal with greater TDS content which in turn accelerates resin exhaustion. (the RO membrane should be the work horse of the system, not the DI stage).

The RO membrane should be removing 95%+ (ideally 98-99%) of the TDS from the source water. Please post your faucet water TDS and RO TDS.

Did your RO/DI output ever register a 0ppm?

I usually change out the DI resin when RO/DI TDS increases to 3-5ppm (and that's after many months of 0ppm RO/DI output).

You may need to get some new DI resin (after you solve your potential RO membrane problem), of the RO/DI output is already at 6ppm..
thanks ill double check thesystem ,,ill get back to you.

thanks ill double check thesystem ,,ill get back to you.
i only have 1 meter its on the di filter i have no way of knowing the TDS of the tap water going in. the meter at the di filter reads 004 goin in an 003 goin out .im a newby but the essembly was pretty straight forward...your right seems like the di filter is doing all the work, my psi is about 30-35 psi off my home well a little low..

I will try again purchased refill Di sediment I dident let the ro run long enough to remove the sediments of the fresh filters on the Ro part fact i turned it on and ran about 5 gal of flushing where instructions say to let it run for 1 hr. maybe the ro filters wernt broken in yet and dident get the time to really get themselves involved with filtering properly befor ntering the DI Filter, ill see what happens next refillthanks to all who have replied

Contact the company that made the product. Did you purge your RO unit? Are all the filters in correctly?
i did they said its probally the water...But I think i dident let it filter enough before .instructions said to let it flush for a hour ...I dident. I purchased more di sediment an ill try again now the Ro filters got a good chance to get started.....I cant see what else.....Thanks

Back
Top Bottom