New Wrasse Hiding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tuwhada

Aquarium Advice Activist
Last night I brought home a hawkfish and a Christmas Wrasse. When I put them in I think the wrasse went behind a rock and then buried himself in the sand b/c I saw all this sand splash out. NOw this morning when I went to feed everybody the hawkfish ate but the wrasse did not even come out. I had put a little bit of garlic in there but is there anything else I can do to entice him. At what point should I worry and storry moving stuff around? I know it has only been overnight I will watch the tank closely a little later on just wanted to see when I should worry.

Thanks
Christina

He's probably just stressed. I would guess that, within the week, he'll come out. Wrasses are usually pretty active and don't pass on a chance to hang on the feed bag...just give him a few days.

Ok Thanks. I don't want to go and dig up the tank if unnecessary I will give him a few days.

Digging him out won't help either. All you'll do is see him.. but this will only stress him further and could cause him to be terrified to come out of the sand at all.

Thanks. He actually came out this afternoon, I put in a little leftoever food and he ate and everything. So I think he just needs to get used to the schedule and stuff.

Christina

Back
Top Bottom