Nice Damsels?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kronasaur

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
S there such thing as a nice damsel? If so could u name a few?

I think the blue/green chromis is a damsel fish and they seen to be fine with my other fish.

Tomato clowns can be fairly aggressive, and they are also the most likely to host different things. But yes in my experience blue or green chromis are pretty docile they mostly pic on their own kind so get 3 or more of them so one doesn't get picked on all the time.

Reefhead said:
I think the blue/green chromis is a damsel fish and they seen to be fine with my other fish.

Not to be mean but no way they will not pick on the other fish they can be nice at times but they can change in an instant for no real reason.that would be a gamble if you get a few of them and expect them to be friendly.

Imo Damsels and chromis (excluding the clown ;)..) should be banned from all lfs and lps permanently, end of story lol. Lb for lb toughest, meanest, little buggers I know of and should be left In the ocean if you ask me.

True but they're like cichlids and can make great fish if they're kept in the right conditions.

bettaowner said:
True but they're like cichlids and can make great fish if they're kept in the right conditions.

But cichlids bring more to the table with the variety of color/size/temperment that you have trouble finding in FW. I can think of a whole lot of fish that I can replace damsels with and not really be missing out. Sorry for kinda hijacking your thread though op so long story short I vote no damsels or chromis ever. You'll thank me when you try and catch one haha

^^^ agreed damsel are good food for lions and trigs thats bout it I had a rectangle trigger that was killed by 3 damsels half his size. I was bit by a damsel while snorkeling In Punta Cana. I grabbed the sharks tail he didn't bite me.

Hocky puck said:
^^^ agreed damsel are good food for lions and trigs thats bout it I had a rectangle trigger that was killed by 3 damsels half his size. I was bit by a damsel while snorkeling In Punta Cana. I grabbed the sharks tail he didn't bite me.

What kind of shark because I have kissed a nurse shark on the nose.

I got extremely lucky. I purchased a blue devil damsel for my frag tank just to keep it in a good cycle. Last night, the fish disappeared. I tore the tank up looking for a trace of him, nothing. Checked the floors, nothing. Either I have real unique fish eating zoanthids, or I've been blessed.

I have a blue damsel in with my lemon peel and the damsel is always getting beaten up. It will depend on the fish actually. My friend had a Sargent major that was in a tank and never bothered anyone a tomato clown. and a foxface.

What are your stocking plans and why are you wanting a damsel?

My yellow tail damsel and domino damsel are fish from hell. Lol. You are better off with chromis. My favorite is the black bar chromis. He is pretty small, calm and good community fish.

Back
Top Bottom