Nitrogen Cycle (will it happen)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

begginersluck

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi guys,

I recently bought a 2nd hand aquarium with most of the bits including living rock and sand! Both were lef in some water but the lights, pump, skimmer etc were switched off for about 2 weeks. Some of you may remember this story from my previous post!

I have now been running the tank for almost 2 weeks with 6 white mollies and all seems to be well. The water parameters seem perfect and no sign of a 'nitrogen cycle' happeneing. As the live rock and sand wer already cured and i kept some of the old water i am lead to believe i may not have a cycle?

Recently added a filter sock and removed old filter sponges that were dirty and uneeded.

I want to add a couple of clowns to the tank and a small clean up crew but am hesitant as im worried the nitrite and/or ammonia will spike.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMAG0318.jpg
    IMAG0318.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 99
  • IMAG0319.jpg
    IMAG0319.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 100
You need to cycle to get the bacteria you need, and since you got an established tank, you probably have the bacteria thats needed. If your not seeing ANY ammonia or nitrite with fish in there, I'm pretty sure you got a cycles tank!!!!!! GL!

I had the same issue with my 120 gallon. I have had it running for a month, I have 3 fish, only 12lbs of LRock, 120lbs LiveSand, and I have yet to see a cycle. Maybe its all just a myth :)

Back
Top Bottom