Nori

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hara

Aquarium Advice Addict
My shipment of Nori arrived today. I fed a strip of it this evening. The tangs nibbled on it and looked at me like I was trying to pull a fast one. Hopefully, they will develope a better liking for it. The sheets are quite large, the only bit of trouble I had is that they are very very thin and although they stick in the clip, they seem to dissolve into the water pretty fast. I am hoping the tangs will find it when grazing. If they do decide to eat it, it will be a definite bargain. I paid, with shipping, $28.00 for 100 sheets. Beats the heck out of 4.99 for 4 sheets.

You might consider making your own frozen food. The nori makes an excellent addition especially for tangs. It is a good way to get them to eat it too. Just throw as many different kinds of seafood that you can get into a blender or food processor, add the nori, add a little gel for firmness (or not), and freeze into baggies to make 1/4" thick slabs. Very cost effective.

Mark

I tear off a 6"X6" square usually.

Then I fold it in half and then fold that in half again. Then I clip it into the clip.

This folding gives the nori a little more body mass and it seems to stick together better.

My damsels even seem to go after ths stuff when i feed it.

cheap way to get nori is find the any asian market.
it fry seaweed anyway.
i bought the 50 sheets for less then $10.
no shipping.

Back
Top Bottom