nori question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dianeww

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Do people leave nori hanging in the tank all the time? I've been putting a piece soaked in garlic (whole tank goes wild!) or in selcon (they don't really care!) every day, but in a couple of hours it's gone. Should I put more in when they finish it?

I dont, i put up a piece, once a day, and if I forget one day, I don't worry too much...

Same here as far as one a day or every other day about 2"X3" on a clip. My tang is the only fish that touches it though.

I usually put a small piece in twice a day every other day (opposite feeding). Excessive use of nori can foul your water.

Brenden said:
I usually put a small piece in twice a day every other day (opposite feeding). Excessive use of nori can foul your water.

for the record state how many tangs/nori eatting fish you have ;)

tecwzrd said:
Same here as far as one a day or every other day about 2"X3" on a clip. My tang is the only fish that touches it though.

my clowns and skunk cleaners go after it too. :)

the nori will foul your water only if the fish do not eat it relatively quickly. I feed nori once a day, they usually have it gone in a short amount of time. A full sheet lasts about 20 minutes for 3 tangs.

Like stated above I only put a 3-4 inch piece in daily. My 2 Tangs eat it, and my Cleaner wrasse did but he is MIA

mykpoz said:
for the record state how many tangs/nori eatting fish you have ;)
LOL, probably 10+ so far :D

I wish my other fish would help, he can be messy pulling it off at times and none of my inverts touch it either :roll:

For the record I have 4 tangs and a rabbit fish. (regal, convict, purple, sailfin) I would put larger pieces of nori in the clip but they are violent when they tear pieces off. A big piece would just get ripped loose from the clip and end up stuck to my closed loop intake.

I put a piece in about every other day. and I put a piece of Brocclii in on the other days. the only fish that will touch them are my three tangs

OK, this is all interesting...

In my tank, the nori-lovers are:
yellow tang
royal gramma
skunk ceaner shrimp
mithrax crab (recently identified by fluff, thanks, fluff!)

So I'm understanding that as long as the fish eat everything, my water will be OK. Any pieces that have drifted off into the tank have, as far as I've noticed, been devoured by the hermit crabs. I've never seen any left-overs. Good?

I put a peice about 2x4 inches and what my tang, clown and damsel doesnt eat, mt snails do at night!

Back
Top Bottom