Normally I'm not a fish police, but this got on my nerves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very cool of you to rescue that Tang! Good job!

The thing that bothers me is that places like Petco sell fish like Yellow Tangs, Sailfin Tangs, Hippos, etc, but don't even sell large enough tanks to support those fish. People assume that they will be fine because they are purchasing from a reputable dealer, but aren't educated in what is required to maintain those fish.

I actually cant imagine how much better the tang is feeling now you have him. How to save a life! You sir are inspirational and you make me proud to be human.

Now that it's been picked up I want to know what kinda person had it? Was the lighter and underwear a good indication that the person was an oddball or was it like a 58 year old housewife? Was it a gangster? How bout a ninja, was the owner a ninja? Cmon give us something!!!

Good for you Robert to make an attempt if saving him. Hope he makes it.. Didn't realize how big he was until I saw the video.. Man I can't believe he last as long as he did in that tank

Thumbs up to Robert!

Thanks so much for rescuing the Tang. It's hard to believe that guy serviced tanks for a living and had that poor Tang coupled up in there for 5 months! You did a gr8 service sir...

Great job in the quick rescue! :) He looks a lot happier in his new home. Keep us updated on his recovery.

Very cool of you to rescue that Tang! Good job!

The thing that bothers me is that places like Petco sell fish like Yellow Tangs, Sailfin Tangs, Hippos, etc, but don't even sell large enough tanks to support those fish. People assume that they will be fine because they are purchasing from a reputable dealer, but aren't educated in what is required to maintain those fish.

I've actually heard the staff at a Petco near me tell a customer that they couldn't sell her a tang that she wanted to put in a 30g tank. The staff told her that the tank was too small for the fish, and the lady just didn't get it, but she left without the tang. I was happy about that.

This is Robert's GF. I thought about turning this shmuck in for animal abuse but i figured they would have just laughed at the phone call cause it is "just a fish" as they would say. Anyway, I went on his rescue mission with him last night to a shady part of LA. We named the blue tang 47th. He is so happy to be swimming around now but still needs a bigger tank. We are taking him tomorrow to his bigger home for better rehab. Here are a few pics of his holes, bad skin and fins. Such neglect and so sad. But he has a lot of spunk!

image-903480882.jpg

image-1290138263.jpg

This is Robert's GF. I thought about turning this shmuck in for animal abuse but i figured they would have just laughed at the phone call cause it is "just a fish" as they would say. Anyway, I went on his rescue mission with him last night to a shady part of LA. We named the blue tang 47th. He is so happy to be swimming around now but still needs a bigger tank. We are taking him tomorrow to his bigger home for better rehab. Here are a few pics of his holes, bad skin and fins. Such neglect and so sad. But he has a lot of spunk!

Please keep us updated in how he is doing in his new home! So awesome of you guys to save him!

That video made my day. That is a fish that can finally enjoy its life. I can't immagine how happy he'll be in the bigger tank.

No wonder and im not suprised hes full of spunk, hes been given a new lease of life, let out his cage and freed from his misery. He'll feel a different fish! I really respect you Rob, i can call you Rob cant i? Sir. My signature.. Change the M to a B and i now dedicate it to you.

The fish was moved to a 125 with little rock work and doing great. He is thriving and the guy who has him says the hlle is going away.

The fish was moved to a 125 with little rock work and doing great. He is thriving and the guy who has him says the hlle is going away.

Hi Robert I have been reading along here and thank you for going on a rescue mission....
Can you tell me what the new owner is feeding him to get the HLLE to go away?
I have been feeding my Desjardin everything I can and his will not go away. Along with selcon, garlic, vitiamin c, nori, homemade meaty food and it still will not go away..

Back
Top Bottom