Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-16-2012, 10:33 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

i think your past your limit actually,,even after getting rid of the angel ...Not going to over scrutinize you ,but 2 of your fish now will out grow the 90 very soon and should also be replaced...

FTMMWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:36 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Which 2? I am assuming the Yellow Tang, although most of what I have read says that it should be fine in a 90 gallon as long as it is the only tang. which other one will get too big? If you are thinking the marine betta, they don't do much swimming, so as far as I have read, they can be in much smaller tanks than this one. Thanks for the input about the possibilty of having too many already. I really don't want to overstock or get anything that would outgrow, so every time I bought I fish, I have looked into whether they will be sustainable in this tank. Thought I was ok.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:43 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Those were the 2 i was talking about ,,and i'm glad you didn't take it the wrong way...If you were to keep the betta and tang i would not add anything else..Its one thing to consider swimming room but you also have to consider bio load
Old 02-16-2012, 10:48 AM   #14

We have a kick *** sump with a huge skimmer. Our nitrates have always been 0. We are pretty meticulous water changers as well, and there is little aggression in the tank. I definitly will not add any kind of big fish, maybe just something a simillar size to the angel. Anyone else thing I am past my carrying capacity, or would it be ok. So far, the fish I have had together seem just fine, and my numbers are good. (The only tank crash we had was due to a pH drop in the city water, and many people in the city had a similar problem with their tanks. We are now on a buffer, and things are fine.)
Old 02-16-2012, 10:55 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

I guess for me its just personal preference ..I like the more open and spacious look..Not saying your tank looks crowded (i don't know what it looks like),,but once the betta and tang start pushing 6-8 inches +, it might
Old 02-16-2012, 10:55 AM   #16

Cool thanks for the advice
Old 02-17-2012, 09:35 AM   #17

Thought I would let you know that we ended up bringin the Coral Beauty back to the LFS yesterday. So the LFS is nursing the symphilia back to health, and it is not looking good, so we might be out $100 there. Also, if he can't resell our now non reef safe angel, we will not be getting any money back for her either. ****, I will not be getting another angelfish, that's for sure.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:38 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Don't worry coral beautys always sell

Tags
coral, corals, eat, eating, start

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com