One of my Damsels commited suicide -- :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

75galsalt

Aquarium Advice Regular
Been doing great all three of them, come home from work today and one of them had only 1/2 of his/her body sticking out of the pumps intake hole.

pulled it out and of course rig had set it so been there all day - how in the world did it do that?

it was staight up and down in take points down seems if the suction was too must would not have taken it head first, it is almost like it pointed its head up and swam right into it... uggg

do I just make sure all fish are bigger to avoid this? I have one more the same size as this one that did itself in

May have already been dead and got sucked into it. You could always put a sponge filter over the intake.

anything is possible yes, but others are doing great as it was eating and having fun - I will look into that sponge this weekend

my pumps are 3/4 up the wall on each end of tank so being dead and sucked in seems kinda impossible - but hey i am new what do i know

Brenden

where are u located... may have u over to look at my set up sometime

anything is possible yes, but others are doing great as it was eating and having fun
One thing you will learn with this hobby is sometimes fish just die for no apparent reason. May or may not have been the case. Just a thought. I take it that your NH3, and NO2 are under control now?
Brenden
where are u located... may have u over to look at my set up sometime
Exit 76 on I-85 Albermarle/Salisbury exit

One thing you will learn with this hobby is sometimes fish just die for no apparent reason. May or may not have been the case. Just a thought. I take it that your NH3, and NO2 are under control now?

yes every day the same all fine here is todays numbers

HR PH 8.2
Ammonia 0
NO3 10
NO2 0

Back
Top Bottom