Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-13-2004, 07:01 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Order of fish!

I'm planning to add a Coral Beauty and a Regal Tang to my tank before the end of the year.

Which would you add last - the Tang or the Angel?

I've already got an Ocellaris Clown and a Banggai Cardinal in there.

Old 09-13-2004, 07:06 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to luntiz
Maybe you should do it same time...Sounds like your system is aged and should be able to handle having two additional fishes added at once. Plus both fishs aren't that expensive.

50 Gallon Acrylic Tank (36x15x20)
85lbs Fiji Live Rock
Barebottom
(4) Maxi-Jet 900 (230gph) *Awaiting 2 MJ1200s*

Lighting

(1) 250W 10,000K Aqualine Aquamedic HQI Hanging Pendant
(5) LED Moonlights

Live Stock

(2) Pink Skunk Clownfishes
Goldstripped Maroon Clownfish
Yellow Eye Kole Tang
Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish
luntiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 07:07 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
did you order the clown and the cardninal? I am curious about ordering fish. How well they handle the shipment. etc.

I hear that its always best to add the tangs last since they are rather territorial. How big is your tank?
Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 07:07 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

I cant really do it at the same time for QT reasons (dont want more than 1 fish in QT at once so I can control the water better), my system is 6 months old.
Old 09-13-2004, 07:11 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Rocket: I meant "order" as in which ones to put in first etc! :P I've never ordered any fish, got all mine from the LFS.

My tank is 38gal, but I'm planning to upgrade before too long.
Old 09-13-2004, 07:13 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
Then wait till you upgrade your tank before order the tang. They get BIG! and need space.
Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 12:51 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to WarOrks15 Send a message via MSN to WarOrks15
the cb needs a cave to hide in theyae very shy fish. so she could be 1st then the tang. but i think your tank is too small for both of them

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com