Oscarr19's 100 Gallon System Upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks great.
Try turning the whites up for pics.

What colors are the digi?

Makes me wish I went with black sand.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looks great.
Try turning the whites up for pics.

What colors are the digi?

Makes me wish I went with black sand.

Thanks chef! I've tried turning the whites up but the iPhone camera is really terrible, most of the time they look worse and bland.

The digi is a teal/blue with red polyps.

I like the black sand but prefer white. Every little rock chip, snail poo, etc. is visible on it and kinda bothers me. It's no big deal and I'm glad I tried it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tanks looking real good man. Hope that Digi grows super fast for you. It sounds like it has sweet colors

Thanks guys! I'll definitely give PIXLR a try on next photo dump Paul.

Tank is looking good Oscar! Are the new additions the Royal Gramma and the Yello Chrysus Wrasse? That Lobo is looking really good BTW! (y)

I guess Paul is the only who managed to actually get directed to the video lol

He also guessed right! I recently added a yellow chrysus wrasse and a royal gramma. Both are doing exceptionally well!

The rest of the tank is doing great and I'll try to get some coral photo dumps in soon. Right now, I've started dosing as my tank is absorbing alk like crazy! Luckily, a friend gave me a doser for free! I just have to replace some dosing pump heads and it's good to go.

I also will be heading to a local coral supplier soon to hand pick some more frags and colonies! just one of the benefits of working at an LFS. ;)

Long time no update...

I'll start with the bad news. Unfortunately, I can't keep a wrasse alive for the sake of me. I don't know why or how, but I haven't seen the yellow wrasse since the last update and I presumed it dead. I also lost the spotted Mandarin for no apparent reason. When he wasn't constantly hunting pods, he was eating frozen foods like a pig. As much as it sucks, I'm going to leave my current stock at what it is:
-starry blenny
-flame hawk
-royal gramma
-clown pair

I'm pretty happy with it.

Now the good news! I picked up a few frags over the past couple of weeks which consisted of an acan, mille, and some other acro. They're all doing great and have colored up very well. I've also got a couple of acro frags, ultra acan, and a purple gold torch that are lined up for me very soon.

My aquarium is getting pretty sps dominant and I've also started dosing. The tank is sucking up alkalinity pretty quickly and calcium isn't too far behind. Luckily, a friend gave me a doser that just needs new pump heads.

It doesn't stop there though! The best news of all is that I actually got a 24x24x18 cube aquarium for free. I've always loved cubed aquariums and I was lucky enough to find this one. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet but I'll keep you guys updated.

Sorry for the long post! I'll make up for it with some pictures ;)

Sorry to hear about the losses man. The mandarin is understandable, but the chysus wrasses are usually pretty hardy. You sure it hasn't jumped? They are jumpers. Can't wait to see the new corals though! My tank is slowly becoming more SPS dominate as well.

Sorry to hear about the losses man. The mandarin is understandable, but the chysus wrasses are usually pretty hardy. You sure it hasn't jumped? They are jumpers. Can't wait to see the new corals though! My tank is slowly becoming more SPS dominate as well.

I initially thought it jumped but I looked everywhere possible. Only other possibility is that my dog ate it lol

I initially thought it jumped but I looked everywhere possible. Only other possibility is that my dog ate it lol

Very possible. Nothing like a dehydrated wrasse. LOL. Health fanatics go crazy over that stuff!

As promised! I played around with a DSLR for some of the pictures as well. I'm no photographer but i think i got some pretty nice shots!

DSLR shots first.

17595877696_b398818dff_c.jpg

17435900569_7a54e81b9a_c.jpg

17622297621_88250ef5cf_c.jpg

17595952746_1b1df8bc5f_c.jpg

My favorite!

17622331451_74dd25a044_c.jpg

New corals!

17001978353_4e15c42662_c.jpg

17622390411_e322797fff_c.jpg

16999879744_80165e878d_c.jpg

And some natural shots...

17622414995_282bb1148b_c.jpg

17436065909_29116562b5_c.jpg

16999851654_63748165e8_c.jpg

Looks great Oscar! I would however watch those mushrooms around those SPS's. They can seriously cripple one of the sting it and that one looks really close. Personally I would suggest relocating with the frags or the mushrooms. The frags will probably be easier to move. I would just hate to see you loose them. Mushrooms can be very potent.

Yeah, im very aware of those mushrooms lol they're growing everywhere! I'm gonna try and remove as many as possibly to make some frags to give away.

On the cube build, I'm going to trade all my rock for fresh clean rock. For now, the plan is to set up a sps dominant reef. I wanna get my hands on some rarer sps species.

Yeah, im very aware of those mushrooms lol they're growing everywhere! I'm gonna try and remove as many as possibly to make some frags to give away.

On the cube build, I'm going to trade all my rock for fresh clean rock. For now, the plan is to set up a sps dominant reef. I wanna get my hands on some rarer sps species.

(y)(y)(y)
I finally got my hands on a piece of strawberry shortcake the other day! Always on the lookout for those! Its just usually a hefty price comes with them.

(y)(y)(y)
I finally got my hands on a piece of strawberry shortcake the other day! Always on the lookout for those! Its just usually a hefty price comes with them.

Ouu those are definitely pretty!

I'm actually thinking of setting up a small frag tank, maybe 15-20 gallons. I was thinking of lighting it with these par38 bulbs. You think one would be enough?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=261885143832

Back
Top Bottom