Overflow spashing in cabinet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gaker

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've seen a number of cabinets that look trashed after 6 months to a year due to bubbles in the sump popping water on the walls and doors of the cabinet.

With my new tank I started moving things to last week I was getting a crazy amount of water on the floor of the stand (even with a filter sock) from bubbles popping in where the overflow drains & the skimmer.

I was concerned due to the fact that I setup a DIY "power strip" in the sump (with switches outside the sump) and water was getting onto those.

Here's what I did to mitigate that issue:

2014-09-13%20at%2000%3A25.png

So a $30 piece of acrylic from Lowes that I cut to fit the sump & glued together with non-gel superglue.

Do you deal with this? If so, how do you deal with it.

My return actually goes below the water line (I use a foam block instead of a filter sock). Additionally, I have a 1 inch lip of acrylic that extends inward from the top of the sump.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Filter socks work great for fixing issues with splashing. I prefer the cheap alternative of panty hose and just throw them away during water changes. No muss, no fuss.

But nice work with the plexi fitting things in there. I never seem to cut the stuff right or at an awful angle when it should be straight.

Back
Top Bottom