Peppermint Shrimp and Green Polyps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeGio

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everyone

Came home today with green polyps for my tank. They are doing awesome in my tank but the only thing is the 2 shrimp I have seem infatuated with them and I want to be sure they aren't 1. Eating them, 2. Stressing them or that they are ok to keep together.

What kind of shrimp? I've never heard of a shrimp ever being interested in polyps before. It is more likely they are just retracting because they are near it. I'd say normal personally.

Sniperhank said:
What kind of shrimp? I've never heard of a shrimp ever being interested in polyps before. It is more likely they are just retracting because they are near it. I'd say normal personally.

Peppermint, maybe they are just cleaning it since it did come from LFS. This morning seems to be better and the polyps seem more acclimated.

Peppermint, maybe they are just cleaning it since it did come from LFS. This morning seems to be better and the polyps seem more acclimated.

How do these corals look?

Attachments

• image-4028945698.jpg
    image-4028945698.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 102
They look good to me. They can take a bit to open up fully. Mine close whenever a shrimp or hermit decide to walk on them or clean the rock. Mine also closed for a week after I replaced my burnt out actinic bulb. I thought they were being eaten for sure but now they are back and healthy

To me those zoas look good in color but many are not fully opened. How long were the lights on in your tank before you took this photo?

This was a little after my peppermint shrimp was harassing them. That's been the theme since I came home with them. Hopefully they get tired of the corals soon.

They look great how deep is your tank? And your shrimp are cleaning ur rock the polyps will be fine as long as u don't have emerald crabs my emerald ate mines all off my rock left my rock clean I so can't wait to catch him

They look good to me. They can take a bit to open up fully. Mine close whenever a shrimp or hermit decide to walk on them or clean the rock. Mine also closed for a week after I replaced my burnt out actinic bulb. I thought they were being eaten for sure but now they are back and healthy

I have LED lights that my LFS robbed me on, I hope they r strong enough to support more corals. At the store he had them on a reef tank.

Back
Top Bottom