Peppermint Shrimp vs. Aiptasia - Does it work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have had good luck with Joe's, just having to make sure that none of the liquid touches any other corals.

As for the pepps, what I have noticed is that there is no more growth of aptasia in my tank. I always seem to have a few, and they are bigger which I don't think the shrimp is interested in them. But when I don't have a pepp in the tank, I notice several small ones growing. Figuring they are populating from the larger ones.

One of these days I'll go back with the Joe's juice, merely lazy most of the time :)

That sounds about right. Peppermint shrimp will eat (most of the time) new aiptasia. Once they get a bit bigger the pepps leave them alone.

So from what I've learned on here...peppermints should be added in the beginning if you plan to have a reef tank. After the cycle :)

Xtalreef

This will help you out with figuring out what critters you may have in your tank.

can somebody tell me if apastasias are harmful in my shark and ray tank with a little bit of live rock? i have no corals....just some starfish.....any help would be great thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom