ph test

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zach119

Aquarium Advice Activist
how do i test my ph and how do i go about rasing it if its too low and how do i make it lower if its too high and what should my reading be between when i test it?

i wouldnt mind hearing some suggestions myself, i need to bring mine up just alittle bit.. a good pH level should be 8.0 - 8.2 ish... i think 7.8 - 8.2 is also acceptable { could be wrong! }

but get a pH test kit and there are some additives such as pH up or boost or something { not sure what it is called } and pH down and that sort of thing

a good way to maintain the same pH level all day long is to run a light over your fuge when you have your tank light off.. thats what i plan on doing anyways :) { shouldnt really bring it up higher than if your main tank light was on... more to just keep it a stable number the entire time }

oh ya and also .. low gas exchange will lower your pH

zach119 said:
how do i test my ph
A pH test kit... :?

Never test after any chemical additions. Wait at least 12 hrs first.

and how do i go about rasing it if its too low and how do i make it lower if its too high and what should my reading be between when i test it?
Same answer for both questions, a good sized water change with well aged/aearted SW. If a constantly low pH, do not use chemicals to fix it. Look at the cause, which more often than not is how the tank is set up. Ignore pH fluctuations in a cycling tank.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom