Pineapple tree coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shortysteve23

Aquarium Advice Activist
Has anyone ordered or have a pineapple tree coral? I have one but the coral is so tiny that it won't stay on the rock it was brought in with I've tried to re-glue it. But when I came home from it was not where I placed it I'm sure it is lost womp womp!!! :(

What exactly is a pineapple tree coral? A leather? If so, you need to rubber band it to something. It will attach itself in a couple days. They slime up too much for glue.

I've got a large one on my tank. Luckily it came with a small rock on its base that I epoxied to a bigger rock to hold it in place.

Its a leather, same family as the Kenya tree... Capnella sp.

For me it has grown, but isn't a nuisance, though not that great to look at either.

I was under the impression that Kenya's and pineapples were different...

Here is mine when I first got it - it's tripled in size now and has three thick stalks.

Your tree coral is the like mega hulk to my baby hulk lol do you have actinic lights and the purple looking light or do you have purple and a white light

In that picture, I was using an AquaticLife 4-bulb T5 with (2) aquablue specials (whites) and (2) blue plus (blues)

Now I have LEDs

Nice tank and anemone is that a sebae? I have the standard light fixture but I'm thinking about upgrading to something better. So your fixture holds 4 bulbs altogether correct?

The other coral is an elegance coral, not a nem. The first fixture was four bulbs total. The latter picture is under an Ecotech Radion LED.

Back
Top Bottom