Pink goniopora with yellow centers - advice needed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ants86

Aquarium Advice Regular
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395095550.419308.jpg
Just got this beauty yesterday from the LFS. Heard gonioporas can be difficult to keep alive long-term, but my wife and I just couldn't resist! Anybody have any tips on how to keep them with success? I have maxspect LEDs, skim medium heaviness and feed daily either pellets, mysis, and occasionally rods food or cyclopeeze. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have cleaner shrimp? That was a big problem for me, I'd target feed and the shrimp would go through and pull all the food out.

I've had mine for only 3 months! I hope mine lasts! It still looks great!

Do you have cleaner shrimp? That was a big problem for me, I'd target feed and the shrimp would go through and pull all the food out.

Yea, I have a scarlet cleaner shrimp, who's a pain in the butt whenever I try to target feed my corals or anemone. I always end up having to brandish my syringe at him to keep him away from the corals :mad:

Any tips though on achieving as much success as possible with the goni? I also run GFO, so phosphates continually test 0, although my nitrates are on the higher side (~10ppm). Should I stop running GFO, since I read that gonis prefer relatively higher nutrient environments?

Goniporas do best in a skimmerless tank with pleanty of zooplankton and other small stuff to feed from the water column. But at the cost of not being able to keep sps and lps corals in a nutrient rich environment.

Back
Top Bottom