pistol shrimp video nice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i always thought they just had strong pinchers. i thought was cool and i learned something new.

Oohh noo I knew it! I added a red pistol shrimp to my tank to buddy up with my watchman goby but it didnt go as I planned. The shrimp went into the goby cave and kicked him out now my two cleaner shrimp are missing and a cleaner wrasse is missing both its left and right fins. Ive been hearing the pistol shrimp all night long every night. I had a hunch that he was the cause of this. seeing this video confirms it.

What should I do? should I tear donw the rock work and get him out? That sucker is about 2 inches long.

Try the bottle trap. Put some food in the glass and tip the glass up against a rock that you think the shrimp might be in. He will crawl in to feed but can't come back up the glass to escape.

I was at lfs yesterday and they had a little red pistol. These people were looking at him and they called him a lobster. I said no its a pistol and will be trouble. So they bought him with two cleaners and one of those bright red shrimp. I told them and so did the worker what would happen. Some people just dont want to hear it.

Back
Top Bottom