planaria removal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

byrdman81

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have been reading up on these white wormy things due to the fact I have a ton of them in my salt water tank. I believe they are called planaria.

A post I found on this subject told how to remove them from a tank with gravel. Just to vac. them out.

Well I have white sand in my tank and they appear to be living on my glass and live rock. I'm not sure if I can vac. them out of the rock and sand.

So I am wondering still how to get rid of them without messing things up in my tank.

Please help , Thanks Alot. :arrow:

Hello, Thanks for the reply.

I checked with my local pet store and was told by the fish experts there to buy a fish called a 6 line wrasse. Does this sound right to you? He said that fish loves worms and would clean my tank right up.
0X

Sometimes biological means of control works (although I've never heard of six lines being particularly effective against flat worms) but most times not.

Just bought a Six line Wrasse today for a Red planaria problem. Nice addition to my tank. My substate is covered with these things and they also climb up the glass and all over my live rock. We'll see how he works out... I will keep you posted...

Chris

Back
Top Bottom