Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-23-2012, 02:23 AM   #61
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sorry, I forgot, but why are you downgrading from your 75 to a 40? No sump is ever too much. Bigger the better of course, but there's going to be a lot of extra room b/c I don't think you would have that big of a skimmer. Sure you'll have more water volume which makes keeping parameters in check easier, but if you want to get a smaller sump I would see no problem in that either. If you had a sump on your 75, where is it?

- Winston Churchill
obscurereef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:17 AM   #62
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscurereef View Post
Sorry, I forgot, but why are you downgrading from your 75 to a 40? No sump is ever too much. Bigger the better of course, but there's going to be a lot of extra room b/c I don't think you would have that big of a skimmer. Sure you'll have more water volume which makes keeping parameters in check easier, but if you want to get a smaller sump I would see no problem in that either. If you had a sump on your 75, where is it?
well im down grading because I would rather have a smaller reef then my current one. I just want the look of a 40g in the wall. I think it will look grate. Or maybe a 50g that is just a bit longer. but not a 75g. I was planning on using the 75g as a sump because then i could use half of the sump for a frag tank. my current sump on my 75g is a 30g long witch would work but i just dont have the frag area then.

CleverBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:25 AM   #63
Aquarium Advice Addict

I see. I like the frag tank incorporated into the sump idea. I think it would work out great and you wouldn't need an entirely different setup for a frag tank.

- Winston Churchill
obscurereef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:11 AM   #64
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscurereef View Post
I see. I like the frag tank incorporated into the sump idea. I think it would work out great and you wouldn't need an entirely different setup for a frag tank.
yeah for sure.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #65
Aquarium Advice Addict

Anyone know of other tank builders then glass cages? The closest place they shop I me is a 4hour drive. Maybe I'll contact them about shipping it on a truck but that isn't going to be cheap haha. I want to order the 40g in the next few months. So tryin to figure out where to buy it from. I want star fire glass on the front and for it to be reef ready.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com