plumbing phosban reactor and UV sterilizer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steve r

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i am setting up my new 75g :D ( this is the biggest smile symbol, there should be a bigger one! ). i am going to transfer my phosban reactor and ad a UV sterlizer ( turbo twist ) can i plumb off of a tee with two ball valves on my main return pump. i would rather not hang any power heads in my sump. does the UV require a low flow like the phosban reactor? i can find any specs on the GPH for it

thanks
steve r

thank for the info. it will be the smallest one. 100-200 gph is what the phosban rector needs as weel, but i eyeball it to make sure it is not flowing too fast

thanks again
steve r

Yeah, if its an 8w I'd suggest about 100-120gph. I have a 310 on mine (as shown in sig) and I have it adjusted to flow at a little less than half-volume and it works great. I need to add some sort of filter device between the pump and the UV so I can keep the pump on full, but am unsure as to what device I could possibly add......

...UV is great at keeping random floating bacteria/algae down, as well as totally killing the fish smell (carbon helps with this too).

an inline ball valve with a tee dumping the surplus water back into your tank , sump or fuge would work. this allows you to run the pump wide open so it is not stressed out. it just directs the amount you want into to your item and tees the rest off

steve r

Back
Top Bottom