Powder Blue & Blue hippo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PowDerBlu3

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Would it be smart to add a Powder Blue and a Blue Hippo together? We ordered them last time, and they came covered in ick. But am now thinking if it is a good idea to get them again, for I know that they are great fish. Thanks

Tank specs:

40g

1 Yellow Tang
1 angle (Coral Beauty)
1 Sabea Clown
1 Royal Gramma
1 Corris Wrasse

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... 40 gallons are you kidding me, i dont mean to be rude but no tang should be in a tank under 75 gallons, if not more. wow get rid of the yellow tang and dont even think about getting another one.. sorry, but you got to do it

I think you're nearly or already fully stocked. Put thoa two in that 40 and theyt'll break out again - even if they get mailed healthy this time.

Tank too small for one of them (Tangs). Not 3. Please.

Naso/Yellow Tang & Blue Hippo

I was wondering if it is possible to add a Naso, and a Blue Hippo. I already have a Yellow Tang and he has been doing great. I was wondering if they would be aggressive to each other.

Thanks

Yes they will be aggresive to each other in a 40 gallon tank. Each one needs a tank of 75 gallons or larger. Look at the responses on your other post.

I was wondering if it is possible to add a Naso, and a Blue Hippo. I already have a Yellow Tang and he has been doing great. I was wondering if they would be aggressive to each other.

Thanks

I have a 72 gallon bowfront with a yellow tang and hippo tang. I've had them both for over a year (and I bought them small). I am seriously thinking of trading the hippo in because of how large he's gotten. The yellow tang is getting hefty too......I would STRONGLY encourage you to reconsider.

I would look at Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Naso Tang for info about the Naso Tang. And this site for the hippo Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Blue Tang.

The above mentioned website has some really neat sw fish listed in the "nano" section. Perhaps that would work out better and you'd have happier and healthier fish. :-D

HTH

Back
Top Bottom