Hydra 26 light settings for 75g mixed reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

harryggumb

Aquarium Advice Freak
I’m currently running a 75 Gallon Tank with 20g sump and 100lbs of rock stocked with 1 Yellow Tang, 1 black ice ocellaris clownfish, 1 royal gramma, 1 Melanurus wrasse, 1 Starry Blenny, 1 Diamond goby and 1 harlequin shrimp.
Protein Skimmer: Bubble Magus Curve 5 Protein Skimmer
2 Nero 5 Power Heads
2 hydra 26’s
I’m tryin to start a mixed reef and have added a bunch of frags such as
Birds nest, Orange monti, turbinaria and Galaxea. I haven’t seen any growth whatsoever in a few weeks. And I’ve slowly acclimated to what my settings are as to not bleach them. If anything they’ve just stayed the same. My flow is good and levels appear to all be in good range. I was thinking maybe my lights are the reason. And was looking for a better idea of what my settings should be. I will post a picture of my settings if my AI app ever decides to work…

How long have they been in the system? I run my hydra 26hd on my 20 gallon and i run blues, royal blues at about 110% peak for 7-8 hours. Green and red run like 3-4%. Uv and violet run at peak 45-60% and whites run from 30-40% peak. Some stuff takes a while to really show growth. Do you feed the acans? Turbinaria is a very slow growing coral, same with galaxea. The birdsnest and monti should grow fast but could take a little to settle in.

Also, how olds the tank?

How long have they been in the system? I run my hydra 26hd on my 20 gallon and i run blues, royal blues at about 110% peak for 7-8 hours. Green and red run like 3-4%. Uv and violet run at peak 45-60% and whites run from 30-40% peak. Some stuff takes a while to really show growth. Do you feed the acans? Turbinaria is a very slow growing coral, same with galaxea. The birdsnest and monti should grow fast but could take a little to settle in.

Also, how olds the tank?

Frags have been in about a month. Tank is running for 6 years. No feeding as of now just whatever mysis the fish don’t get. I heard galaxea grow quick so that’s part of why I’ve been disappointed to not really see any growth. My levels are:
ph - 8.0
ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 5
Salinity - 1.025
Calcium - 530
Mag - 1259
Alkalinity - 8.9

At about a month in is when you should start seeing growth. Especially on the birdsnest and monti. Maybe I was thinking of favias not galaxea with slow growth, whoops. Have you ever checked par?

At about a month in is when you should start seeing growth. Especially on the birdsnest and monti. Maybe I was thinking of favias not galaxea with slow growth, whoops. Have you ever checked par?

No I’ve never check par but figured maybe I’ll just wait and see in the meantime as they don’t seem to be dying either. Would just love to see some growth is all… seems like I’m at a stand still and it’s frustrating

How’s polyp extension and color? Sometimes stuff just takes forever. Also if you have pics from when you first got them look back. That may have actually grown a bit

I set my ai up at full power on purple, UV, both blues, green and red at 15% and cool whites at 55, but I like the blue look. I then use the 2 finger slide to set it at 50% power or so but with out changing my spectrum. A month really isn’t that long for corals to be in your system so they could still be adjusting so I’d just give it time. If I remember correctly you were having some param (didn’t you dose something to change your alk level) issues a few weeks ago?

How’s polyp extension and color? Sometimes stuff just takes forever. Also if you have pics from when you first got them look back. That may have actually grown a bit

Polyp extension seems good with the birds nest and every once in awhile the galaxea will extend their sweeper tentacles. I wish I would’ve taken more pictures it’s hard to tell for sure

I set my ai up at full power on purple, UV, both blues, green and red at 15% and cool whites at 55, but I like the blue look. I then use the 2 finger slide to set it at 50% power or so but with out changing my spectrum. A month really isn’t that long for corals to be in your system so they could still be adjusting so I’d just give it time. If I remember correctly you were having some param (didn’t you dose something to change your alk level) issues a few weeks ago?

Okay I’m hoping they’re just adjusting still. Yess my alkaline was low. It’s been steady 8.9-9.1 since which I’m happy about. And steadily doing water changes as well

Okay I’m hoping they’re just adjusting still. Yess my alkaline was low. It’s been steady 8.9-9.1 since which I’m happy about. And steadily doing water changes as well

What is your PO4 testing at?

Also, several SPS tanks around me keep alk around 8.1-ish

Back
Top Bottom