price of lr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tbrock

Aquarium Advice Activist
How much do you all pay for lr? The store i went to to get my tank and everything when i first started with salt water was $6/pound then (8 months ago) and now they have gone up to $11/pound. I thought that seemed pretty high, so i was just wondering how much you get yours for.

liverock.com....

I was luck to find a local guy that has a leased area in the gulf and sells LR cheap
I got my 150lb for about $200

but most dont recommend that cause ur taking a risk, i got lucky :)

but liverock.com is by far the best Ive seen price wise

i spent 50 lb x $8 per lb for show live rock from a good fish store here. another fish store in my area sells live rock cheaper, but they didnt look as great and looked more artificial.

I am going to try this place next www.seatrademarine.com
I have never ordered from them but prices seem good plus they will airfreight it to your local airport for you to pick up. Saves $ plus extremely fast shipping.

Here in MN the cheapest LR around is $7/lb, and it is really bad looking rock. Looks like wet base rock. It goes up to $15/lb for premium Fiji. I can get some really nice looking Florida aqua-cultured LR for $10/lb.

well my sister went back to the store today, and said they had changed the price from 11 dollars to 7.99/lb. Seems kinda weird. I never saw the rock the store is in a town a couple hours away, but she said it ws nothing special, so i dont see why they ever had it a 11/lb. I can't imagine paying 15/lb though....

I pay $16/kg

If i feel like getting it online and picking it up from an Airport it drops to $10/kg (Doing this next as i am getting $300 at once).

So, i guess i pay about $4 a pound from brisbane and $6.50 roughly if i get it from the LFS.

However, my LFS gives me something like 5% of everything i spend in 3 months to spend on whatever i like, i've spent like $900 on my tank so far or something so i've gotten $45, doesn't sound like much but hey it is better than nothing...

Back
Top Bottom