problem with bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarrett

Aquarium Advice Freak
i just set up my 75 gallon reef tank and i cant stop these microscopic bubbles that keep going into my DT their not even bubbles they look like specs but their deff noticeable i have a bubble trap and fliter sock in my sump and my return pump is a mag 9.5 does anyone else know what i could be doing wrong. i really want to stop with these bubbles already they are so irritating

I would check the impeller. If the impeller has to much play in it it will cause the pump to make bubbles. It has happened to me before. Or i may have to put a foam block around where the pump is to try to stop the bubbles. How far is the filter sock from the pump??

I had the same thing happen to my mag 9.5. I bought mine used. Ended up being a lot of salt creep around the impeller and in the pump. I soaked in 1/2vinegar, 1/2 water mixture and worked out great to get the gunk out.

Any idea why that has happened to mine? Mines is the octopus bh 100 which made them ever since I bought it. And the only thing I can adjust is the collection pump

pumps build up salt creep/ gunk over time. Think they need to be cleaned in vinegar a couple times a year. Did you clean it out when you first bought it?

AquaRick said:
pumps build up salt creep/ gunk over time. Think they need to be cleaned in vinegar a couple times a year. Did you clean it out when you first bought it?

No. I didn't I needed to since it was new.

AquaRick said:
Thought you said it was used? Sorry confused.

Oh no lol. That was the original creator of the thread. I just joined because I had the same problem . But do u know what might be it?

Back
Top Bottom