Protein Skimmer Microbubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OhTheHumanity

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just turned on my skimmer and I have a tone of microbubbles. AHHHHHHHHH Now what do I do about those. It's a Prizm HOB.

do you have any baffles between the skimmer and return pump? if not you might want to make some they will help a lot!!!!

hth

mark

Most skimmers will put micro bubbles back in the tank until they "break in" usually takes a couple of days. The prisms are known to be a little touchy and difficult to adjust so you may need to tweak it.

I had the skimmer on my 55 for 2 weeks. More flow or less flow cause the bubbles?

I cleaned the skimmer after taking it off the 55. Think it will need another break in?

It's not collecting anything but white foam. I'm guess due to the tank being new.

Yes anytime you clean the skimmer body it will need to break in again.

It's not collecting anything but white foam. I'm guess due to the tank being new.

I'd think the rock would generate some waste, does the white foam break down to a darker liquid?

I hate Protein Skimmers :)

So many good things, such a pain sometimes, can typically do w/o them - who knows - I'm always on the fence with these machines.

:)

It hasn't yet made any dark liquid yet. I'll give it a couple more days.

Back
Top Bottom