Is it normal for male betta making a bubbles nest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pettygil

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Is it normal for male betta making a bubbles nest? There is no female betta in the tank, just one male betta. What do I do with bubble nest? Do I leave it alone, or do I vacuum it up with my hose?

I just read that it is ok to destroy the nest as long as there are no eggs, which is not. Says betta can do a bubble nest all over again, so there is nothing to worry about. I found the answer to my own question, all thanks to Goggle.

Bubble nests are what betta males do, sometimes daily when they're in their prime. No harm, they're perfectly normal. Just leave them. They'll dissipate. Observing my bettas, it's sort of an expression of joy as well as attracting a mate. The first sign of them becoming an old man fish is that the bubble nests become fewer and smaller. And when they stop making them altogether, it means they're getting quite old:(

Is it normal for male betta making a bubbles nest? There is no female betta in the tank, just one male betta. What do I do with bubble nest? Do I leave it alone, or do I vacuum it up with my hose?

To add to the other comments, males make a a nest TO ATTRACT a female so making them without a female in the tank is very normal. You can do what you want with them but consider the fact that its part of the fish's persona, what kind of emotional damage you may be doing by removing the nest. :whistle:

They build a bubble nest when conditions are good and the fish is in breeding condition.

Don't damage the nest, just leave it be. The male spends a lot of time making it and having someone come along and remove it doesn't help them. It might get broken up when you do a weekly water change, that happens, but don't deliberately remove it every day.

I will not remove the nest.

They build a bubble nest when conditions are good and the fish is in breeding condition.

Don't damage the nest, just leave it be. The male spends a lot of time making it and having someone come along and remove it doesn't help them. It might get broken up when you do a weekly water change, that happens, but don't deliberately remove it every day.

I will not remove the nest. I will just leave it alone. Thanks for your reply. :cool:

I will leave the nest alone.

To add to the other comments, males make a a nest TO ATTRACT a female so making them without a female in the tank is very normal. You can do what you want with them but consider the fact that its part of the fish's persona, what kind of emotional damage you may be doing by removing the nest. :whistle:

I will leave the nest alone. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom