protopaly/button polyps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chefbill

Aquarium Advice Freak
So it turns out these cool looking giant palys I have are so big and so fast growing that they are out competing my good zoas and palys.
I was told to inject a few a day with peroxide. Just did my first few, and the closed, threw off some mucus and bubbles, and now, 30 minutes later, look like nothing happened. IDK, I was expecting an immediate result. Am I wrong, or do I need to up the ante to Joe's Juice or lemon juice etc?

Have a picture of them by chance?

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

in the 1st pic you can see a few RPE or PPE to get an idea of size. The big one in 2nd pic is 1.5 inches across, at least.

Attachments

• as.jpg
    as.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 89
  • asw.jpg
    asw.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 113
I would remove the rock they are on trade it in at lfs for other coral
and replace rock with a piece or 2 of base rock since base rock wont cause a spike

Unfortunately, that rock has 90% of my zoa garden on it. Still fairly young, so I could pop off the plugs and rubble on most of it, but I would lose some polyps. I guess I could call the resulting rock a "combo" rock lol.

I don't know how you could make them go away without a spike in your system, anyone know of something that eats them maybe ?

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom