Purple!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patrick93

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone ever use a purple light in there fixture cause when my aquaticlife lights came in it had one purple light but I replaced it so I have 2 whites and 4 blues but would the purple light be any good or those it make algae go crazy here's a pic of the tank :D

Attachments

• image-2931125665.jpg
    image-2931125665.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 95
It depends on the look you like. the purples can bring out more colors but it tends to give off a purpleish hue. I have 2 in my 12 bulb fixture now. :)

I would say have half and half, 3 whites and 3 blues, more balanced for corals. Or do 3 whites, 2 blues and 1 purple. That'd probably be the best combination

Thanks I will try it out and for sure balance it out with the whites what schedule do you run your lights on?

I have the blues on at 9 am then the whites at 10 am. The whites go off at 8pm and the blues follow at 9pm. :)

My corals have always looked pretty good too running that schedule. :)

Do you use moonlights? My fixture has them built in would it bother the fish if I had it on till the morning blues go on? Also are you using the purple with the whites or the blues sorry for all the questions

I don;t have any moonlights. If you like them and have them you can keep them on after your mainlights go off til you go to bed. The fish won't mind.

I have my purples running in place of 2 of my actinics so they come on when the blues come on and stay on the whole day after the whites come on as well.

Back
Top Bottom