purple and yellow fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

qb6fire

Aquarium Advice Freak
Was looking to get a fish that was both purple and yellow all i found was the royal gramma...

Is there any other SMALL fish that are these colors?

Thanks in advance

Royal dottyback, but it's more aggressive than the gramma. About the same size, too, I think. About 3".

I have a "blue and yellow" damsel that turned purple and yellow as it got a little older.

That is very interesting... i wonder if all do that?

Not all do that. I have a yellowtail damsel who gets darker, almost purple, when stressed out, though.
Should be noted that on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being super chillax and 10 being homicidal) Grammas are 2-4, dottybacks are 4-7, and damsels range from 7-15. LOL

I have a Royal Gramma, and I have the damsel. The damsel now lives in the fuge because he went homicidal on the gramma when I added it.
The gramma hid a lot for the first 4-5 days, but now he's out and about, and doesn't bother anyone.

That is more refreshing i have a prety open tank 24g nano cube with one main cave that has a small opening in the back and well idk how it would do with that small of a tank with 2 sebae clowns

If those are the only fish you plan on having, then any of those three would be fine. But if you ever want to add any other fish, stick with the Gramma, as the other two will likely claim the tank as their own and attack any newer fish.
If the Gramma wants a hiding place, it'll find one, even if it's so tiny you can't see where the fish went.

How about a purple firefish? Great coloring, although purple isn't the dominant color.

I had just passed over one of those and then tgought about the yellow watchman goby

Yellow watchmans are great! You could always pair him up with a pistol shrimp as well...as long as your rock work is stable... :)

Not a fan of the pistol shrimp if any shrimp its the red banded coral shrimp with the blue body

Back
Top Bottom