Question about supplementation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mtlion

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone! I am days away from getting my first round of hermit crabs and snails delivered and I am so excited!!! Was just looking through a catalog and noticed two products and was looking for some feedback. I was thinking of using either Prime or Stress Coat Marine during my water changes now that I am putting some livestock into the tank. What are the thoughts on this and does anyone have any other suggestions for products of this type. Any input is as always appreciated and I would never have gotten this far without all of your help, thanks!!!

Personally I don't use anything like that. The only things I add to my system (other then my water changes) are food and a 2 part dosing system. I dose B-Ionic for CA and Alk. I have a LOT of SPS corals and my CA levels drop between PWCs.

I should have noted that my tank is a FOWLER, sorry about that!

Unless you're using tap water - which needs a dechlorinator - you don't need to add anything like that, assuming you have a properly cycled tank.

Ok, thanks for the advice! I will not be using those items. I guess all I was thinking about was when I was a kid with my freshwater tanks, and we did use tap water. I am using well water with RO/DI unit so it should not be a problem. Thanks again everyone!

Back
Top Bottom