Question on Lobo's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsBeanCtr

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've had one lobo (brain) coral in the past and he croaked after a couple of weeks. I have an opportunity to get a really nice purple one (I gave up on stealing Melosu's). I have some very basic questions.....

I have a really good spot up in my liverock for it.....do you think it will get enough light? (T5 HO lighting & the coral would be about 12 inches from the light). How often should you directly feed them? I'm assuming that you can feed them mysis shrimp.

Any other tips you might think of would be appreciated. Thank you!

I would think you'd want to put it on the sand. Seems like 12" from the T5s would be too much light. But then again, I don't have T5s... so what do I know!

Yup... mysis, chopped clams, chopped silversides, etc... they're appreciate them. How often though, I don't know. I've been feeding mine once a week, and haven't noticed any problems.

What happened to your first one?

it looked poorly when I got it but I thought I would be able to nurse it back to health. After a week it detached from the skeleton and died. That's why I'm hesitant to get another one. Although I am getting it through another vendor which helps a lot!

As Kurt mentioned you`ll need to put it on the sand. You will develope problems on LR. He`ll get enough light there on the sand. I cant wait to see it.

Back
Top Bottom