??Questions??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

revhtree

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was wondering whta kind of test I need to do for my saltwater aquarium?

75 Gallon Tank
10 Gallon QT
Emperor 400 filter
Sea Clone 150 protein skimmer
2 1/2 Crushed coral and sand
105 pds live rock
1 percula clown (not hungry)
16 hermit crabs
1 Horseshoe Crab
1 Purple Tip Anenome
1 ? anenome (1inch big)
2 Flame Scallops
Coral Life Lighting (2 55w compact florescent white)
(2 55w compact florescent blue)

The tank is 5 weeks old today, and is cycled.

I know I need the ammonia, ph, Nate, Nite, and salt. Which I am already doing. What other test do I need to perform, and how often. I am going to put some soft and hard coral in soon.

Thanks.

Those are the Main ones you need to test for a FO tank.

You REALLY need more light for those anemones =/

And flame scallops are very hard to keep and will die if you dont target feed with DTs phytoplankton or something similar.

What are you trying to feed your clown? IMO a fish is always hungry

Live brine, frozen brine. The clown is only 4 days old.

That is not enough lighting?? It is 2 hoods that expand the entire tank. 4 bulbs total. There is no more room for light. Could you explain a little futher for the newbie. :wink:

If you plan to keep corals, I would invest in good calcium and alkalinity test kits. You will need these in order to maintain the proper Ca and alk levels needed by corals to grow. A refractometer is great tool for measuring specific gravity and is more accurate than a swing arm hydrometer and most compensate for temperature.
I also think you should have more light for anemones and especially if you plan on adding hard corals. For a 55 gallon, most people will be running 2 250 watt metal halides or some even 400 's. The fluorescents you have now don't have the penetration that MH 's do. HTH

Thanks for all the help all. I will look into the home made fish food, more lighting, and the other test.

Thanks for your time. :D

Back
Top Bottom