questions on supplements?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tony

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've been doing alot of reading about saltwater,and they say supplements are to be used in reef setups. Now comes the question,are these good,how much of each and how often:Kent Liquid Calcium,Kent Essential Elements,and Kent Super Iodine.PLZ tell me if i missed one,these are the ones i plan on using.
tony

Those are what I use but most of them are replenished with regular water changes and you won't need them until you get a heavy stocking of corals. The salt mix has all the trace elements you need for a regular setup. After you get several corals and/or clams, crabs, snails, etc, you will start testing for calcium and then determine whether you need to add it or not. You won't need to spend the money right away.

I agree, water changes are what is needed more than supplements. I don't add anything that I cannot test the level for.
Good name brand salt mixes have everything you need IMO, you supplement with a good water change routine .

ok but some supplements are taken out by the filter so would you still add between water changes :?:

Many do, but like I said,.. I don't add anything that I cannot test for.
IMO water changes are the key.

Back
Top Bottom