Quick bubble tip anemone question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

S3Reefer

Aquarium Advice Freak
Allright.. PARAMETERS FIRST:

ALL PARAMETERS HAVE BEEN TESTED BY ME AND LFS (FINTASTIC)

My 55 gallon reef has been setup for 1 year by the 22nd of this month

Weekly 10% water changes, T5HO 6 bulb fixture (the bulbs are 7 months old)

No algae problems at all, 1.024 salinity.

Ok so I bought a green bubble tip anemone yesterday, brought him home and drip acclimated him for 2-3 hours, and put him into my tank (without him leaving water at any point in time, and I set him on the rock I was hoping he would hold onto.powerheads were off overnight.

So he traveled behind the rock where I couldn't see him. So I turned the rock to the front of the tank.. I made sur he had a good grip on the rock.. he's on there pretty well.. so I turned the powerheads on. He was all inflated and bubbly. Well now he is all deflated and his mouth is now open? I've heard that if they do this they are not happy? Is it the powerheaf?

I just want to make sure because I have done everything right so far and hopefully he is just trying to adjust?

They do that. Mine in flates and retracts all the time. Just remember, it will go where it is happy. I have a beautiful rbta in the back of my tank that I get to see once and awhile depending on flow. It will take some time for it to adjust to your system as well. Just keep an eye on it, if it stays put where you can see it congrats.

Back
Top Bottom