Quiet skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swicicki

Aquarium Advice Activist
I need a quiet skimmer. For a 125 gal tank

I have an old turboflotor that my wife is ready to kill me over

Life reef skimmers are super quiet and they are hand made once it's ordered he makes it right then and there and if u wanted to modify the hight and anything u can call him and he will accommodate your needs I only run his skimmers because I was tried of trying out different skimmers some say there are quiet but wernt so when I ordered his I was hooked because it was so quiet and worked great

I agree with Mr. X the cheaper skimmers don't pull much air but some are just over pieced and look fancy

So what should I buy?

I want one that will quiet my wife and work like a champ

Lifereef skimmer are the best custom skimmer ever go to lifereef.com and order one or call him up and ask him to make u a ultra quiet skimmer

Firstly check that your skimmer isn't touching the glass sides of the sump, specifically the motor. You can also raise it slightly with a this piece of foam. If you have done that you could try cleaning the motor/pump. If that all fails then it's time to replace I guess. I found my skimmer to be loud as heck if it was touching anything, isolated from the glass it's silent and works great. It's an swc skimmer and I like it.

Thanks puffer

In due for an upgrade I have an old turboflotor with a rio pump and it's not producing as well as I think I need

If I can use the noise as an excuse to upgrade I'm a happy man

Fair enough, happy wife equals happy life and if that means spending money on stuff for you to keep her happy then it's a bonus.

Hey are reef octopus skimmers better than a bubble magus

It all depends on the efficiency of the pumps they use. Read the specs of the skimmer you are looking at and notice the liters per hour air draw- this is the most important thing about the skimmer. The rest is just plastic.

I got a sca 302 and am very happy

The price was right and it is pulling a full cup of nastiness every day and it is QUIET :)

Back
Top Bottom