Raccoon Butterflyfish Feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kiko

Aquarium Advice Regular
About a week ago I bought a small, about 2-3 inch long, Raccoon Butterflyfish from my LFS. It had been there for about a month, and was eating well according to the staff. In fact, it was eating flake food while I was there.

Since I have placed the fish in my 55 gal reef tank, it has done very well to pick things off of the reef to eat, and removed 90% of the aptasia anenomes that had COMPLETELY TAKEN OVER the tank. Only a few of the larger ones remain. My tank had become infested with aptasias, and I am really happy that they are gone now.

The Raccoon Butterfly is currently not eating any prepared food, just picking off of the reef. I have tried mysis shrimp, flake food, and nori flakes. It takes nothing (although my 2 percula clown fish love everything). What else should I try?

I am concerned that having eaten all the aptasias, the Raccoon will not get enough to eat.

Any help would be appreciated.

Aloha,
Kiko

Well, its probably getting enough for now. I would continue to try and feed it prepared foods. Once it gets hungry, It will most likely start eating it. Especially since it was eating at the LFS already.

Back
Top Bottom