Rain Water for Water Change?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rayneal22

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Does anyone think that the use of rainwater to do a water change would be harmful or will it be okay? I was wondering because in the wild obviously they live in rain water anyways so just tell me what you think:)

I think if it was collected correctly it would be fine I. Would run it through a carbon filter because it could contain pollution

Rain water is much more likely to be contaminated anywhere that automobiles are being driven. The rain falling over the ocean doesn't have that issue.

It isn't like comparing apples to oranges. More like comparing organic peaches to industrialized peaches. One has more of man's chemical fingerprint and the other has less. If you decide to risk it, carbon filtration would still be important to use before mixing it with salt. Rainwater always collects dust at the very least.

I would not use it. You have heard of Acid rain right? It exist more today than ever before. IMO not a good idea.

It's much easier to use rodi water...was there any specific reason u wanted to use rain water.

Back
Top Bottom