Raise Pods in sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wlam18

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have about 12"x6"x4" space available inside the sump. I am thinking to put some LS in a container and inside the sump to raise pods. Will that work? Any ingredients can make better result?

i am pretty much doing that right now. my"sump" is a 10 gallon aquarium that i put baffles in. the fist chamber is where the water comes in. the chamber next to that is for the skimmer. the middle of the sump has about 10lbs of sand and about 8lbs of rock. i took a couple of scoops of the sand from my main to seed this sand in the sump. the last chamber is where the return pump sits. my sump has tons of pods in it. so i guess that is the long way of saying yes it will work

steve r

Because of recent suffocation incident (Lets not talk about it) I am currently fish less. I still have clean up crew and everything is fine. I thought this would be a good time to get pods established in my main tank as I do not currently have any. LFS has "bag" of pods for a dollar. Does this seem to be a good idea :wink:

Oh my gosh! That is a great deal. My lfs never has anything like that. If they all had it we could all have mandarins. Get several.

OK, what about lighting, do I keep it on 24/7 or just opposite to tank lights? Seems like pods only active in dark.

i am keeping my HOB refugium dark for the pods and i was lighting my sump/refugium but i am going to kill that light because i dont have any macro in it, so i am going to just try to grow more pods in there

steve

Back
Top Bottom