redsea's 125g Build (Again)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice going Red. The bangaii cardinals are very cool looking. Im glad they are doing well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Jealous. I always look at them at the lfs. I want some badly, but don't want more fish in my system.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thank you! I have been thinking about them for a while and decided to go for it. :-D

Great looking fish! Glad they are doing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thank you very much! I am so happy they are doing well too!

Nice! Love the patterns on the bangaii's.

Me too! Cardinalfish are always super unique, I loved my old Pajama Cardinals too!

Heck yeah! Very nice. Can't believe you have been holding out on us! Very pretty fish.

Thanks so much! haha yes I should have posted sooner, I'll be better in the future! ;)

Nice going Red. The bangaii cardinals are very cool looking. Im glad they are doing well.

Thank you so much! :dance:

So, I have big news! I have purchased my third fish for this aquarium! I decided to go with a Checkerboard Wrasse (or Marble/Hortulanus Wrasse). Here is a link to the fish I am talking about: Marble/Hortulanus Wrasse

I had actually never heard of these guys before, and was impressed when I saw one at the LFS. I did some research, and decided to pick the specimen up. :D Mine is still fairly small too, so I will be able to watch him grow. I would post pictures, but the little fella darted right into the sand upon introduction...which was Sunday. So I am hoping I see him soon! :)

Thanks for following!

What a great fish! I have been eyeing them for some time.
Sorry I'm not around much but I do get on here and there. Hoping to post a BIG update on my thread soon. Hope everything is good with you Red.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What a great fish! I have been eyeing them for some time.
Sorry I'm not around much but I do get on here and there. Hoping to post a BIG update on my thread soon. Hope everything is good with you Red.

Thanks so much! I'm so excited! I can't wait until he emerges from the sand (that sounds so funny lol).

I cannot wait to see your update! You have been missed. You're one of the only original members left from when I joined back in summer 2011...you can't leave! :lol:

Conrats on the new wrasse Red. The checkerboards are really nice to. I had a Wrasse that would dart under the sand it's so funny to watch them do that. My wrasse came out of hiding the next day although he would tend to dart back under the sand if he felt threatened. I'm sure you will see him soon.

Conrats on the new wrasse Red. The checkerboards are really nice to. I had a Wrasse that would dart under the sand it's so funny to watch them do that. My wrasse came out of hiding the next day although he would tend to dart back under the sand if he felt threatened. I'm sure you will see him soon.

Thank you so much! Yeah, it's so crazy to see! And they dart under so quickly too! Thanks for following along.

I have a question regarding my new Checkerboard Wrasse. :) So he has come out of the sand full time now (yay), and I just fed the tank. However, he seems generally disinterested in the frozen mysis I am feeding. Is it normal for them to take a while to warm up to the food, or should I try something else? Any suggestions? Thank you very much. :)

Is the mysis big? I would try brine first, it's generally smaller.

How big is the wrasse? Pretty much all of the Halichoeres wrasses will eat just about anything. Maybe what Carey suggested will work if the food is too large for the fish. Frozen cyclops has always worked for me. It also shares the resemblance with tigre pods. Garlic, like Kent extreme, entices many fish and is excellent for the immune system. :)

Thanks guys! Yes the Wrasse is indeed still fairly small, so I think I am going to pick some different food up tonight to try. And I'm hoping to find some garlic too! ;)

Okay so I was able to get some pictures of my new little guy, though not great ones, lol. Please excuse the algae on the glass...I confess I leave some of it there for the copepods. [emoji15] I decided to get some frozen brine last night, and I think he may have eaten a little bit. It was a little hard to see because I was trying to stay away from the tank so he wouldn't get scared and go back into the tank. ;) so here he is! Cool, huh?

It almost looks like he has a little belly...do you guys see it? Or is it just my imagination? I think he has been eating some copepods in the tank...is that something they usually do? I really hope that is a belly...I want to make sure the little guy isn't starving. :)

I am really enjoying my new little addition. So much fun to watch! Super active little guy.

a86326b1e0649bf1e057f2af31b53965.jpg
6cda1b7248f8db76c0376babc069aecd.jpg
f8f8c9d6596636da65b327f3dae18e0f.jpg

Very nice Red! Yeah, wrasses will eat you out of house and home in regards to pods. Lol. They like to pick. I have some that eat worms hehe. :) just keep offering him the brine and when you get a good feeding response try mixing in other frozen food.

Very nice Red! Yeah, wrasses will eat you out of house and home in regards to pods. Lol. They like to pick. I have some that eat worms hehe. :) just keep offering him the brine and when you get a good feeding response try mixing in other frozen food.

Thanks so much! I really love him. I'm so glad that they are into pods...they are a great safety net when a fish is not crazy about frozen just yet (though I think he is making progress).

Hey guys! It's time for a little update. :)

So, I have been on vacation this week and have had one of my best friend caring for the tank's inhabitants. She has informed me that everyone is doing well, including our new little Wrasse pal. :) I asked her specifically if he is eating and she'd yes! Apparently he has been out and eating. So it looks like I have nothing to worry about. And of course I never worry about the Bangaii Cardinals...they gobble food up for me all the time, and are always begging for more. :D

Back
Top Bottom