redsea's 125g Build (Again)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Love that checkerboard wrasse! I'd never heard if it, but it is very unique and cool! Glad it is doing well for you and eating now!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Love that checkerboard wrasse! I'd never heard if it, but it is very unique and cool! Glad it is doing well for you and eating now!!

Thank you! I'm so excited that it is doing well too! :)

Okey dokey! I haven't updated this thread in a while and believe me, I have some updates. ;)

Bad news first; I am going to have to return the Checkerboard Wrasse. While I am a big fan of the little guy, I didn't realize how much of a terror he may become on crustaceans down the road when I bought him. I did do research prior to buying the fish, but obviously not enough...(hides under chair ;) ) He will probably be going back within the next week. It's sad, but for the better.

The good news; I picked up a Foxface Rabbitfish a little over a week ago and he is doing great! The fish is actually really small, in fact, the fish shop owner said he usually doesn't order them this small but his dealer convinced him to since it was a good batch that was healthy and doing well. He seems pretty happy, other than changing into his "stress colors" every now and then. Interestingly, he doesn't really care at all for any frozen food that I feed the other fish (mysis, brine). But he does really dig flakes. ;) I'll be honest, I never imagined I would own a fish that would gladly accept marine flakes but turn down mysis and brine, but hey, that's okay! He also picks at the seaweed I attach to the clip. Maybe the reason he doesn't care much for the shrimp stems from their preference for vegetable matter, but herbivorous fish I have had in the past all enjoyed frozen shrimp too. :)

I also ordered my official lights! They are two 32 inch SBreeflights. :)

Thank you so much for following and reading this update. I am going to post some pictures of the Foxface in a second. :)

Oops, this post was for uploading pictures, which I am having trouble doing. :cool:

search

P.S. sorry for the salt creep and algae, this pictures are a few days old and all that has been cleaned up by now. ;)

I'll give it a try:
eb88de78ff117b953b78a276f8ebdde1.jpg

ca9b20c1598b18fa5721fce2f2a08547.jpg

fb4bb2809f3e7f1566da5f63fa34cc11.jpg

6ffc0d2c84276c81a9c799c8be35e0df.jpg

Edit: I swapped the URL tags with IMG tags but it did not work :(

Last edited:
The following steps were performed on the mobile app using an iPhone 5. This may appear different on other mobile devices and not sure how this translates on a PC. "URL" and "link" are used interchangeably.
1. The first thing I did was click on the link. This took me to the Dropbox site where the image was displayed.
2. I then double clicked on the image which then loaded a larger version of the image.
3. I then clicked on the mobile app option to "Open in Safari".
4. In the Safari browser, I clicked on the address bar to Select and Copy the image's URL
5. I pasted the URL into a text editor (in the IOS it's called Notes). In the editor I placed IMG tags around the link. See pic below. *Note: after the image and before the end tag I had to put a SPACE character. Not sure why but without the space, it would not work.
6. Lastly, I copied the image link (with IMG tags) and pasted it into the post.
That was just for ONE image! I'm sure on the DropBox site there is a way to easily get the direct image link instead of the link you provided in the posts above. It would make life a whole lot simpler. Good luck with this.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1470513588.075040.jpg

The following steps were performed on the mobile app using an iPhone 5. This may appear different on other mobile devices and not sure how this translates on a PC. "URL" and "link" are used interchangeably.
1. The first thing I did was click on the link. This took me to the Dropbox site where the image was displayed.
2. I then double clicked on the image which then loaded a larger version of the image.
3. I then clicked on the mobile app option to "Open in Safari".
4. In the Safari browser, I clicked on the address bar to Select and Copy the image's URL
5. I pasted the URL into a text editor (in the IOS it's called Notes). In the editor I placed IMG tags around the link. See pic below. *Note: after the image and before the end tag I had to put a SPACE character. Not sure why but without the space, it would not work.
6. Lastly, I copied the image link (with IMG tags) and pasted it into the post.
That was just for ONE image! I'm sure on the DropBox site there is a way to easily get the direct image link instead of the link you provided in the posts above. It would make life a whole lot simpler. Good luck with this.
View attachment 288454

Thank you very much! I appreciate it! I think I will look at some other photo hosting websites too and see how they work! Thanks again, that's a if help.

Sorry about the checkerboard wrasse having to go back. I do like that fox face though, he is very nice.

Sorry about the checkerboard wrasse having to go back. I do like that fox face though, he is very nice.

Thank you, I am so happy he is doing well!

Those sb lights are gonna do awesome on this tank! Nice new fish.

I'm so excited, I can't wait to get this tank looking better with some quality light and coral! :D

EVERYONE HI! Long time no see! And boy, do I have some exciting things to share! Let's spash right in to it! ;)

So, new fish wise....

I have two Black and White Clownfish that I have added to the 125g, and they are SOOO CUTE! I bought them last Sunday and they are doing great. They're really active, like, REALLY active, which surprised me a little bit because I am used to Clownfish chilling in the corner of the tank, lol. The larger one in particular enjoys racing the six feet from one side of the tank to the other, it's a blast to watch! :)
A lot has been going on on my 29g too, actually more so than here, so check out the thread for that tank too! :) oh, and I can't remember if I mentioned on here. I did return the Checkerboard Wrasse back to the LFS. I really liked him, bout couldn't risk him eating my shrimp as a snack down the road. ;)

And I have a new video coming soon, so you will be able to see the new adds soon! :)

Back
Top Bottom