Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-17-2014, 04:30 PM   #221
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Nice to hear everything is going well. Sometimes no news is good news.

Looking forward to seeing what you add to the mix!
Me too, I am not sure yet what I am going to add, but I will soon. It will be nice to have more activity going on in this tank. One of my not so local LFS has 75 gallon tanks on sale, and I have been toying with the idea as a fall project. I have been thinking about that for months, and am hoping it can become a reality! I don't think I want to go as big as 125g at the moment, and I really like the footprint of a 75g, along with the fish choices that are opened up with that size. Plus I would still keep this 29g going too!

redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:04 PM   #222
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hi everyone! I purchased a new pump to make water changes easier! I have used it once already, and it works pretty well. I am using it to take water out and pump water in. The only problem is that the pump is a little too weak to push the water into the tank, so I stand at the other end with a pitcher to help it. It isn't too bad since I am just doing water changes for a 29g. As of now I still have the same stock of a Black Ice Clownfish along with the Purple Firefish, soon they will have more friends though. Any suggestions?

Old 08-12-2014, 12:18 PM   #223
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

How deep is the sandbed? Jawfish!
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:47 PM   #224
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank View Post
How deep is the sandbed? Jawfish!

There's a great idea! Here are some pictures of the sandbed. I feel like I am close, but it isn't deep enough. What do you think?Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407858433.728932.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	217.0 KB
ID:	246484Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407858466.128779.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	243.8 KB
ID:	246485
Old 08-12-2014, 01:17 PM   #225
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

How deep is it?
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 01:22 PM   #226
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Looks deep enough to me. As long as there is enough sand to make a burrow it will be fine. he just needs a hole large enough for him
Old 08-16-2014, 09:34 AM   #227
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank View Post
How deep is it?

Quote:
Looks deep enough to me. As long as there is enough sand to make a burrow it will be fine. he just needs a hole large enough for him

Thanks both of you! I will report back measurements of the sand bed when I get a chance.
Old 10-05-2014, 01:11 PM   #228
Aquarium Advice Addict

Okay! I am SERIOUS about the new fishes next weekend! I've been working on the tank and am fixing the setbacks! Good news!

In other news, I still have my Firefish and Clown! I got the Firefish on April 6, and I purchased the Clown a few days after Christmas. He is coming up on his one year anniversary soon! I am still not sure what I want to get next weekend. At some point I would like to get a friend for my Clown, but I am not sure if I should do that towards the end of my stocking. Sometimes my current Clownfish can be a little annoying to my Firefish, so I am wondering if another Clown would help to distract my current Clown? Or would the two likely build up an "alliance" again the Firefish? I know, a bit of a silly question!

Thanks for reading!
Old 10-06-2014, 11:59 PM   #229
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Never a silly question! lol

I know every set of clowns I have had are oblivious to every other fish in the tank usually. It's like they are alone in their tanks. lol

But I feel your pain on whether they will gang up. My first thought would be no, but every fish, as you know, has their own personality. How many more fish were you planning on getting and which ones? You might have the same issue with any fish so the other clown might not be such a bad idea,
Old 10-07-2014, 12:09 AM   #230
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Never a silly question! lol

I know every set of clowns I have had are oblivious to every other fish in the tank usually. It's like they are alone in their tanks. lol

But I feel your pain on whether they will gang up. My first thought would be no, but every fish, as you know, has their own personality. How many more fish were you planning on getting and which ones? You might have the same issue with any fish so the other clown might not be such a bad idea,

Sounds good, I think I will get home a mate this weekend. Actually, my current one should be a "she" I think. After all my fish are added, I was thinking around 5. The only other tough question at this point is making sure my Clown is Ocellaris? She looks like one, correct? I was thinking of a Black and White which are usually Ocellaris in my experience. Thanks!

Tags
29 gallon, bio, biocube, build, cube, red, redsea, sea

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com